Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Update

So lately, every single day is a new adventure and learning experience for us! I know I've said it before, but it is AMAZING what a difference a month, let alone a few days, can make! Luke has started putting multiple words together and trying to tell stories. As I tell Eric what we did for the day, he copies everything I say and would rather be the one to tell him. The other night as we sat on the couch winding down for the evening, Luke told us, "Book, night night, light off", letting us know how the bedtime routine goes! He is also really good at saying people's names. He is becoming so much more independent and loves to help around the house. Anytime he finds fuzz on the floor, he picks it up, says, "tash", and puts it in the trash, then follows that with a "Yea!". He loves to sing(go figure!). He still attempts to sing the alphabet although A-B-C-D is about as far as he gets with a few others thrown in at random times and this is almost always followed by a "Yea!" as well. He loves watching American Idol with us as he attempts to sing, wave his arms back and forth like the audience, clap, and yell "Yea!". Of course with singing also comes dancing and boy has he got some moves!! He's even started doing this thing on his back that's almost like a backwards worm! Look out Eric, you've got competition!


On the potty training front, Luke has started telling us just about everytime he goes poop in his diaper. He says, "Poo poo, die-der" or sometimes it's even just "die-der". He came up to me just yesterday, grabbed onto my leg for support, said, "poo poo, die-der", and then proceeded to go. He's been much better with diaper changes although still puts up a fight every now and then, but gives up faster. He loves to sit on his potty and copy what we do. I'm just waiting for the day he "accidentally" goes in his potty so we can make a big deal about it! For now I am just going to keep showing him what to do and wait until I think he is ready enough to recognize when he is about to go before hitting it hardcore.


As for Luke's social skills, man is he a social butterfly! He doesn't take long to warm up to just about anyone and has actually started interacting with kids his age. He's always loved playing with older kids, and still does, but just recently started playing and "talking" to all his buddies that are his age. It's so much fun to watch! He is also good at recognizing his relatives now too!

As for baby #2, everything is still going well although the doc did decide to give me the steroid shot again this time as well as put me back on brethine. I had mentioned to her that my contractions were getting more uncomfortable lately and after checking me and seeing that I was dilated a little(only 1 cm), thought it would be best as a preventative measure based on my first pregnancy. The steroid shot is just to help the baby's lungs develop faster in case it does come early and the brethine is just to slow down the contractions. The baby's lungs should already be mostly developed by now anyways, but we still don't want the little one coming too early and you can't be too cautious! It is quite the mover and shaker now! It's very active, but not quite as spastic as Luke was. This one seems to be more of a roller as opposed to a kicker and doesn't perform on cue like Luke always did. It will be interesting to see how this one turns out! I'm thinking it might be a little less temperamental, but who knows.

No comments: