Sunday, April 11, 2010

The start . . .

I had to document a momentous event that just occurred in our household tonight. Luke correlated pee pee with the potty! It doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but anyone with kids will know how exciting that moment was for me. Here's what happened, after pointing out to Luke that he had gone pee pee in his bath, I watched him promptly climb out of the bath and sit on his potty as he tried to use it! Granted, he didn't do anything in it, but knew what to to do! I've been trying to introduce the whole concept of using the potty just by showing him what to do and trying to help him realize when he goes. I haven't wanted to push anything on him and certainly haven't been sticking him on his potty every 2 hours, but would be thrilled if he could start the process a little early. Heaven knows it's hard enough just having 1 kid in diapers! Anyways, just for him to put 2 and 2 together enough to realize that going pee pee meant to get on the potty is a HUGE milestone in my eyes, so let the process begin!! (fingers crossed anyways!)

On another note, Luke also learned how to go up steps today at the park without holding onto anything! He's always been so cautious to hold our hands, or a rail or something in order to go up the steps, but today he just went for it all on his own! He even went down one or two without holding onto anything! So it's been a pretty big day here in the Pidek household and definitely worthy of writing down.

1 comment:

Maya said...

Wow! Go Luke makin' connections and climbing! I don't even have a potty yet for Ian. Probably should get on that.. :) Luke is so cute. Can't wait to get together soon!