Wednesday, May 04, 2005

"Frog Crisis"

I guess I better explain the "frog crisis" since Eric wrote about it. Well, the professor and research assistant that I work for left to go out of town this week for a conference in Florida and so all I was going to have to do was go in every day and take care of the frogs. When I walked in the frog room on Monday, the water in all of the frog tanks (salt water African Frogs) was black! Also, one of the tanks was leaking all over the floor. I had to transfer the frogs to different tanks and figure out how to fix the leak. I called Eric to come help since I was the only one there and I couldn't do it all myself. It was a complete nightmare, but luckily it worked out and there were only 2 casualties out of a hundred some frogs. We think the water turned black because of the carbon that we use in the filters to filter out the frog pheremones. Anyways, my vacation to CO next week will be a nice break from that disaster!

1 comment:

Nubia said...

Ribbit, ribbit...I mean...hi.

Hello, have you figured out the pictures? The last few weeks for both of us have been busy. We'll get to that darn slideshow when everything slows down.

Have fun in CO and remember to relax. And don't go looking for frogs in the creeks.

Ribbit, ribbit...I mean...bye.