Monday, April 25, 2005

Eric's Birthday Weekend

Whew! What a weekend we had!! Eric's mom & her fiance, as well as Eric's brother flew here from Colorado to surprise him for his Birthday(April 26th) this weekend. His mom flew out here Thursday night and met us at a restaurant. I had known about the surprise for a couple months and had been desperately trying to keep it a secret from him. He is extremely good at figuring stuff out. On Thursday, the day his mom flew in, I purposely delayed dinner so long that Eric started getting mad and about stormed off to Burger King. I was reading a book and had told him that I was at a really good part in it and just wanted to finish it. When he said he was going to burger King, I made him suspicious by saying to trust me and that we would go to Applebees at 7:30. I also made him a muffin and so he pretty much knew something was going on. He then went to water the lawn and while he was outside, his mom called and said she would be early, so I told Eric I was really hungry and couldn't wait. That made him mad though because it obviously wasn't 7:30, and so he thought I had been selfish the whole time and now that I was done with my chapter in the book, I wanted to eat. Needless to say, he was surprised to see his mom and her fiance waiting for us at the restaurant.

On Friday night, Eric's mom's fiance said he was going to the store and actually went to pick up Eric's brother from the airport. When his brother walked in the door, Eric took a double take and asked, "Who else is out there?".

While they were here we went to the Sam Noble museum, my parent's land to cook out and play on the 4-wheelers, and Eric's work to tour the airplane he will be flying. We had a blast and really enjoyed their company. It had been a while since we had seen them and it was nice to be able to hang out. I will try to post pictures as soon as I can. I am having my friend and web design whiz, Nubia, help me figure out a different way to post them, so as soon as I do that, they will be up.

1 comment:

Nubia said...

Happy Birthday, Eric! I knew about your family coming too!

Mindy, I'll be in California for a week for a wedding and visiting my family. I'll email you when I get back and we can take a crack at your new picture layout/design/uploading.