
My bird expert friend, Jennifer, identified them as barn swallows. She said they are very common this time of year in Oklahoma. I climbed on a ladder to look in the nest and found one little speckled egg. The nest looks very intricate. It is made mostly of mud and on the inside, there is a layer of sticks and on top of that, a layer of feathers. They are really pretty birds and at night we can go out there and they will just stare at us. I can't wait until the egg hatches so I can see the baby bird! I will take pictures when it does and post them on the website. This is what the inside of the nest looks like:

As for last weekend, we had a blast! On Friday we went to Red Lobster for a friend's birthday and then came back to our house to play Karaoke the rest of the night. On Sunday, my mom, dad, sister, and her family came over to celebrate a late Mother's Day. We cooked out and played Karaoke also. We sure are getting a lot of use out of that game!! I am currently working on posting the pictures of Eric's Birthday weekend, so keep an eye out for those!


No comments:
Post a Comment