Saturday, June 05, 2010

Outnumbered!!

Aspen and I are officially outnumbered! On June 3rd at 12:56PM, we added a new little bouncing boy to the Pidek household! Collin Rylee weighed in at 6lbs and was 20in long! Although most of us thought he was going to be a girl, I couldn't be more pleased with my precious little man! Everytime I look at him and think of all the fun and trouble, I'm sure, he and Luke are going to get into, my eyes just well up with tears! He is such a blessing!

How it all went down:
At about 11:30 PM on Wednesday night, shortly after heading to bed, I started getting horrible cramping along with the contractions I had already been having for the past few days. When they weren't easing up, I quickly informed Eric that he needed to get a sitter over here for Luke pronto!! This took some convincing, seeing as Eric wanted to make sure it really was the real deal and kept telling me that we hadn't even timed them yet. After a few evil eyes and harsh words on my part, the call was made and we headed to the hospital. My mom met us up there and while we were there, the cramping eased up, but contractions didn't! I was 2-3 cm when we arrived and after an hour of monitoring and contractions that were 2 - 3 min apart, I progressed to 4 cm. Now I was thinking this would go super fast and we would be meeting our little bundle of joy in just a few short hours seeing as Luke arrived only 5 hours after checking into the hospital with him! I was wrong! After checking into my room, the contractions slowed down and by 5:30 AM, there was still hardly any change and pitocin was administered. That helped my contractions a little, but Mr. Collin was not cooperating by moving down and helping the process out! So when my Doc arrived at 9:40AM, she broke my water and all hell broke loose! I was actually doing really well breathing and trying to relax through each contraction all up until I got to 8 cm and was then cursing myself for not getting the epidural! Luckily, once Collin FINALLY dropped and I was able to start pushing, it didn't take long. When they placed him on my chest, my heart just melted! I would definitely say that this time around was MUCH longer, more difficult, and more painful, but everytime I hold and stare at my little guy, it all just melts away and was SO worth it!

Big Brother:
Most days, I don't think Luke even knows that Collin exists, but one thing that he absolutely LOVES about his little brother is his cry! That's usually about the only time Luke pays any attention to him. Luke likes to go up to him and mimic the strange squealing piggy noise that comes out of him! It's actually pretty cute! Another cute interaction Luke has with his new brother is at bedtime and nap time. Before we lay Luke down, he always leans over and gives us kisses. Well, the first night, without any prompting from us, instead of leaning to me to give me my kiss, he leaned towards Collin and gave him one first! It was pretty stinkin cute! I think Luke might be starting to get just a little jealous, seeing as he's been super cranky today and gets really frustrated that I can't pick him up, but it hasn't gotten too bad just yet! I really hope they can grow up to be best buds, but I know we might not be able to avoid the whole sibling rivalry thing forever!

Little Brother:
So far, so good! Collin has such a great temperament and the sweetest cry! He really only cries when he's hungry and sleeps most of the day away! He's quite the little piggy at night and could eat all night if I let him, but it hasn't been bad at all! He isn't quite as alert as Luke was, but LOVES to snuggle! We've had to give in and put him in our bed a lot of the night, just so we could get some sleep since he isn't a fan of the bassinet. He just likes to be close to us! I'm not going to complain though, I love it! He has the cutest full head of brown with a little blonde mixed in hair. I so wish he keeps it, but its not likely seeing as all the rest of us lost our hair as babies. Here are a few photos of the little guy:

1 comment:

Maya said...

So sweet! I'm glad things are going so well. It makes me less scared to hear. I'm bummed that we won't be in the same city for our boys to grow up together!