Friday, June 20, 2008

Bed Rest

Well, just when you think things are going pretty smoothly, something has to throw a wrench in it! I was just recently thinking about how lucky I'd been during this whole pregnancy with no morning sickness and just none of the weird and less desirable pregnancy symptoms. I've really just been enjoying the whole thing! Well, knock on wood! It looks like I'll be stuck on bed rest for a while now. It was a little scary at first but after checking things out a little closer, I don't think it's too serious just yet. The doc just wants to take extra precautions. I'm on some meds to control my Braxton Hicks contractions (still not painful) and I've received a couple steroid shots to mature the baby's lungs quicker just in case. It's a bummer being confined to the bed or couch, but whatever I have to do to keep this baby cooking is well worth it! I just wanted to update everyone and let you all know what is going on! If you're curious about anything or have any questions, feel free to ask!

3 comments:

Maya said...

I'm sorry to hear you are on bed rest. I hope that doesn't last too long! Please let me know what I can do for you. Can I bring over a meal? Let me know anything you need, OK?

Maya said...

Oh, that was Maya leaving that comment! Maya=growing family

Anonymous said...

Can I send you some recorded soaps, Bon Bons, or fuzzy slippers? If so, they'll be mailed tonight! - Charity