Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had an awesome Thanksgiving! Eric's family including his mom, dad, and one of his brothers and family came to good ol' OK for Thanksgiving to spend it with us. We mostly just hung out at the house and enjoyed each other's company, but we also took some time to go try out Pole Position Raceway here in OKC. It was a blast! My parents came and raced with us too. For Thanksgiving, we had it at our house which was a first for us! My parents came as well as our friend Dorelie, and her daughter, Ashley. There were lots of friends, family, food and football! What more could you ask for?! I really enjoyed having a break from work and school, well except for the 1:20AM call to turn off an alarm at work on Thanksgiving morning!

The day after Thanksgiving, we had an early Christmas with Eric's family since he will be gone over the holiday. We decorated the house with the help of our nieces and then had our early celebration. It really did feel like Christmas!

Before all the family arrived, my mom, sister, and I went to Supper Thyme to make meals that I was able to use when our company was here. It was really easy and a great way to spend time with friends or family. It was also nice to have as an alternative to eating out every day while they were here and I would recommend it to anyone.

Sunday, my parents came over to give Eric his early Christmas presents. We finished off a lot of the leftovers since I definitely won't be able to eat them by myself, and just hung out.

I should be able to post more pictures after the next couple of weeks because I will have plenty of time on my hands after finals, so keep a lookout!

1 comment:

Nubia said...

Since you all celcbrated early... Merry Christmas.

Let's hope that the Sooners win this Saturday against Nebraska so they could play in the Fiesta Bowl, here in Phoenix.