I guess I should update since Collin's 4 month check-up now that he's almost 5 months old! He is doing so amazing! He's rolled over now about 5 or 6 times, has a new fascination with sticking his tongue out, loves to try and eat his toes, love love loves his jumparoo, can grab just about anything and bring it to his mouth, laughs a ton, is starting to scratch surfaces like Luke used to do, and is eating rice cereal! Wow! He's got quite a bit of strength as well and might just be sitting up in another month or so, but we'll have to wait and see! He's been trying to interact with his brother more, and vice versa, but isn't quite a fan of the yelling in the face game Luke likes to play. I can't get over how easy and happy this kid has been (knock on wood)! At his 4 month check up, he was 13.8 lbs and 24.5 inches long. A little less than a pound heavier than Luke at that age and 1 inch shorter! He was in the 17% for weight and 26% for height. Lookin good!
As for Mr. Luke . . . he has become quite the handful! I thought the beginning of the terrible twos was bad enough and didn't think it could really get any worse. I WAS WRONG! He has to kick and scream about everything whether it's doing something fun or not! We even had to force him into his Halloween costume after which he didn't want to take it off! He was even staring at himself in the mirror pushing the buttons on his buzz lightyear costume! Basically, whatever we encourage him to do, he refuses, even if it means missing out on candy or something fun! Even just carving pumpkins this year was a struggle. In his rare in between tantrums state, he is such a great kid! As long as we let him help with some big boy stuff, he is generally in a better mood. He wants to sit at the table with us at dinner and eat like a big kid, which is something we finally discovered helps him to eat. He likes to help put stuff away and help with dinner and his verbal skills continue to get better and better. He now knows most of his colors, animals and animal sounds, and some letters, but still isn't motivated to count or say the alphabet. I do think he is WAY more intelligent than he lets on and could do a lot more, but is just a little stubborn. He loves school now and doesn't cry when we drop him off anymore. These days the break from him is such a blessing too! Don't get me wrong, I love him to death, but he wears us out right now! As our pediatrician once put it, now's when you really have to become a parent! I know he's just testing his boundaries and Eric and I were apparently pros at that as toddlers too, but we turned out alright, right?!!


No comments:
Post a Comment