Monday, July 05, 2010

Chubby Bubby

Collin is now 1 month old and growing like crazy! At his 3 week appointment, he already gained 1lb and 4 oz from his birth weight and I'm sure is at least 8 lbs now! The doc said she really just likes to see them back at their birth weight by 2 weeks, so he's well ahead of that! He only added a 1/4 of an inch to his height, but I guess this little guy is more interested in growing horizontally than vertically right now! Not much has changed besides that. We have good nights where he'll go 4-5 hours straight without waking up, and bad nights where he's up every 2! He seems to be falling into a bit of a routine now though where as long as he gets plenty of awake time in the morning and right before bed, he sleeps better at night. Mr. Collin is just the most snugly, kissable little guy! I can't get enough of him!

Luke takes more and more interest in Collin every day! He actually loves to try to hold him and "play" on the play mat with him. He also has some moments of jealousy where he tries to push him off our lap or tries to hit and kick him, but he's learning! His new favorite word lately is "sorry", since he's been having to use it a LOT lately! I really do think he enjoys having him around though! He does like helping to put diapers in the trash, the binky in Collin's mouth, and "feeding" him with the bottle(if that's what you want to call it, although it's more like grabbing the other end and singing in it like a microphone!). The terrible two's are in full swing now and some days I'm not sure how I'll make it, but this too shall pass just in time to have another terrible 2!! Some day, WAY in the future, I know I WILL get a break! I will have to say that I do have the most handsome boys, love all 3 of them to pieces, and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!

No comments: