Tuesday, January 19, 2010

16 months!

Luke is 16 months old today! Man how time flies! He is really starting to turn into a little boy! What happened to my baby?!! I can't be too upset though considering how wonderful it is to actually have, or attempt to have, a conversation that is at least partially understood, not to mention the fact that he still snuggles with Mommy in the morning with a good sippy cup and sesame street! Gotta love the snuggles! Today he actually counted to 2 and spun his toy top completely by himself! 2!! He can almost use a spoon by himself and is getting really good with a fork! He's been repeating almost everything I say! He really tries, and I think wants to say the alphabet, but is just not quite there yet! He is really starting to soak everything up like a sponge which makes me think I need to challenge him more! He is just so darn lovable and really good at giving hugs and kisses now too! With that, he's also becoming a little more difficult and testy! I think the terrible twos are starting to creep up! He still gets frustrated that he can't communicate everything, such as when he gets stuck in is toy box that he somehow climbed in and wants help out! On top of that, he has 2 new molars and 2 on the way, so not the happiest of campers the last couple weeks. Today, however, was a good day! He was such a happy little toddler!

As for the pregnancy, it is going by WAY too fast! I can't believe I'm already almost halfway there! I'm not sure how excited I am to deal with the stress of taking care of a newborn along with an almost 2 year old, but know it will be totally worth it in the long run! The way this one is kicking makes me a little terrified that it might be just as active and crazy as Luke! I'm not sure how we will be able to chase 2 around like that! At least there will never be a dull moment and we will ALWAYS be entertained! Although I am definitely NOT ready to have this one right now, I also can't wait to find out the sex(no, we are still waiting until the baby's born)! I always love to hear everyone's guesses, so let me know on here, or if you are a FB friend, vote on my poll!

No comments: