Tuesday, September 23, 2008
And baby makes 4 . . .
It's a boy! Luke Nicholas Pidek has finally arrived! Sorry it's taken so long to post something, but I am just now realizing how much time raising a little munchkin really requires! There's not much time between feedings, so you've really got to make the most use out of what time you do have! Anyways, Luke entered this world on Friday, September 19th at 5:00 PM weighing 6 lbs and measuring 21 inches long. It was an amazing experience! We had actually gone to the hospital at 3:00 AM that morning and were told that I just wasn't quite far enough progressed, but by 10:30 at my regular doc apt, she told me to rush back to labor and delivery because I was in labor! We checked in at the hospital at 12:00 and 5 hours later he was born! It was super fast! So fast actually that I never even had a chance to think about an epidural! I know it sounds a little crazy, but it wasn't near as bad as I thought! I think the recovery has really been the worst part of the ordeal! Now we have a beautiful baby boy and we couldn't ask for anything more! He is just the most precious, sweetest thing in the whole world and we are so blessed and so thankful for all the friends and family that have been there for us! Another funny story about the whole thing is how I went into labor. Eric heard from a colleague at work about an eggplant Parmesan recipe that supposedly makes you go into labor within 48 hours. I thought it was a little nutty, but the recipe sounded really yummy, so we gave it a try! It was really good! We ate it Wednesday night, and that next morning my contractions became much stronger. So almost 48 hours after our fist helping and little Luke was born! I have no idea if the recipe had anything to do with it or not, but it's fun to think that it might've! Here's a website where it came from that you can read about if you'd like: Scalini's Italian Restaraunt It may be a while before I get the chance to update this again for a while, but I will try! Here's a pic of our cutie:


2 comments:
He is so beautiful!! I miss him. He looks like his aunt Kasey of course.
Absolutely precious! Getting cuter every day! Congrats mom & dad! Still can't wait to meet him. Maybe in October... xoxo
Charity
Post a Comment