Tuesday, March 27, 2007
I <3 NY
We just got back from NYC Sunday afternoon. It was absolutely amazing! I think we are both already itching to go back! We saw Les Miserables, went to 3 different museums, walked through Central Park, went to the top of the Empire State Building, took a ferry to Ellis Island, saw ground zero, and shopped. We also got the last standby tickets for the SNL rehearsal, but unfortunately weren't able to get in. We had so much fun though! I don't think we've ever been so exhausted in our lives from all the walking, but it was definitely worth it! Contrary to what everyone has said, NY people really are very friendly. I don't know how many times someone walked up to us in the subway and not only gave us directions to our destination, but waited for us to make sure we took the right train and/or exit. The biggest negative thing about our trip was the whole flying part. We will NEVER EVER use expedia.com for arranging our flights again and I highly discourage anyone else from using them either. They are the reason our trip was one day shorter. We actually got booted off our flight to NY because the website never prompted us to pick our seats on the plane and so we had no seat assignments. Since the flight was already overbooked and it was spring break, we were the ones who got booted off. Susan and Matt were able to get on, but we had to take a flight the next day. Not only did expedia cause the whole fiasco, but they also were only going to compensate us $25 after all the heartache we went through, not to mention the crap Eric had to go through just to even take leave. We were able to talk them up to $100, but it was a huge pain. Also, our luggage on the flight home somehow got sent on a later flight, so we didn't get our luggage until later in the evening. Anyways, I just wanted to update everyone on our trip! I will try to post pictures when I can, but don't hold your breath!


No comments:
Post a Comment