Thursday, June 09, 2005

New arrivals!

Well, the baby birds have finally hatched!! They are featherless and so ugly, they're cute. I took a picture, but it is a little hard to tell from it. You can kind of see them. Here it is:


Today when I got off work, we spent the afternoon doing some landscaping around our tree in the front yard. It looks really nice. We bought a huge boulder that we put near the tree. I will post pictures when we are done with it. Also, last weekend our friends that we met in Enid, Kris and Jeff, came up to visit from Texas. We played miniature golf, watched some crazy storms brew from the back yard, and played some karaoke. It was a good time. On Memorial Day weekend, my friend, Susan and her husband, Matt, drove down here from Tulsa. We had a cook out and, you guessed it, played karaoke.

As for work, it is going really good. I really think that research is the right path for me. I got a 3% raise and they are going to give me more hours starting the beginning of July when their grant is renewed. Eric started his training flights last week and has really been enjoying it. It had been a while since he had flown and I think it was really good for him to get up there again. He should be done with those in about a month and then he will be in the squadron and will start his deployment schedule. I'm not looking too forward to that, but I can't complain because it could be a lot worse. Anyways, that's our news for now!

3 comments:

Nubia said...

Congrats on your raise. More money is always good.

Can you post some more pictures of your landscape. I like looking at other's front/backyard. We have some birds of paradise in the front that started to blossom, they look pretty cool. I'll upload a picture of the flower and post a link. We're hoping to do our Mars of a backyard sometime early next year. Lil' Brent loves making and playing in mudd puddles though.

Nubia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nubia said...

I'm back...I just put together a slideshow of the bird of paradise. Here is the link:
h**p://nubia_brent.tripod.com/
new_features/landscape/index.htm

(note, I made the "t" into "**" so people have to copy/paste it into the tool bar and change it back into "t's" so that they don't use your bandwidth)